Job Role: Internal Communications Manager
Job Location: Dubai , UAE
Roles and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Internal Communications Manager is to support the Senior Communications Manager in ensuring that company’s workforce in the UAE and the wider Gulf region is well-informed, engaged and equipped to deliver the Business Strategy.
The main responsibility is to define and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy to ensure that all segments of the workforce, from remote to desk-based employees, are reached and that all important organisational initiatives, projects and campaigns are effectively communicated.
The role is responsible for developing and editing communications across all internal channels to ensure clarity, consistency and alignment with the house style as set by the Centres of Excellence.
Relevant subject matter spans from the company-wide cascading of Management decisions to the broad sharing of news and human-interest stories from across the UAE and GCC.
The Internal Communications Manager is accountable for coordinating communication activities, working with relevant support teams, and measuring and reporting on the performance of internal campaigns. Collaborative working is essential: with the Businesses, with other functions (notably People) and the wider Brand & Communications community.
The Internal Communications Manager is an expert in storytelling and provides expert counsel to senior management to deliver content that is designed from the perspective of employees, and which seeks to express often complicated or technical information in ways which are accessible and engaging to all staff.
Aside from excellent English writing skills, the Internal Communications Manager should have strong digital skills including developing, managing and publishing content on intranets (such as SharePoint Online) and email communications platforms (such as Poppulo).
Planning. To collaborate with the Senior Communications Manager to create and implement the GCC Internal Communications Plan, which:
- establishes target audiences and methods of communication (who, what, when, where, how)
- is aligned with immediate term objectives for the business units
- localises the global strategy where needed for the UAE and the GCC
- optimises the use of key owned channels (Connexions);? thought leadership assets (e.g., Trade in Transition) executive spokesmen (e.g. Chairman)
- establishes specific internal communications targets within each calendar year
Implementation. To drive effective and cost-efficient execution of the plan through:
- timely identification and deployment of content relevant to internal audiences
- a focus on consistency and coherence with ‘one voice’ across the internal channel mix
- providing strategic guidance for developing campaigns that support objectives and build ambassadorship
- ensure internal communication tools and channels are kept up-to-date
- proactively drive internal communication strategies and tactics that engage and inspire employees
- support coordination and planning of internal conferences, town halls and employee activations
- crafting messaging that promotes company values, success stories and employee achievements
Measurement. To establish and report on a monthly dashboard:
- the effectiveness of internal communication initiatives against KPIs
- evaluate the relative effectiveness and efficiency of different channels
- track progress against relevant objectives for employee attitudes and engagement
- enable investments to be justified on the basis of robustly measured ROI
Tactical Responsiveness. To maintain agility and '24/7 attention' in order to:
- deal with a fast-changing environment.
- maximise short-term opportunities
- assist with ‘crisis management’ situations
Continuous Improvement. To encourage and nurture a culture of innovation designed to:
- test and validate new ideas and approaches to drive internal awareness and engagement
- benchmark against industry best practice and emerging tactics and strategies
- explore opportunity for enhanced cost efficiency – ‘doing more with less’
Compliance. To constantly adhere to and actively promote behaviours which reflect the Brand Purpose:
- maintaining the highest levels of safety standards
- complying with our principles, code of conduct and ethical policies
- meeting all agreed standards for company's brand and visual identity
- acting as an ambassador for company at all times
Writing and editing:
- Ability to write clear, concise and engaging messages for different audiences
- Proficiency in proofing and editing for grammar and tone of voice
Digital communication platforms:
- Expertise in using and managing internal communication tools, including intranets and email distribution platforms
Data analytics and reporting:
- Ability to use analytics to track engagement (i.e. email open rates, click-through rates, intranet page views)
- Skills in analysing data to draw insights to improve performance of future communication strategies
- Familiar with tools like Microsoft Forms to engage with employees and gather feedback
- Skilled in PowerPoint and creating impactful and engaging presentations for internal audiences