Job Role: External Communications Manager
Job Location: Dubai , UAE
Roles and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the External Communications Manager is to support the Senior Communications Manager in creating and delivering a broad programme of on brand PR and media relations activities within the UAE and the wider Gulf region.
The key responsibilities are the implementation of external communication campaigns and initiatives in support of the Brand & Communications plan for the GCC region, operating within the overall strategic framework of the Group Media Relations Plan.
Overall activities include managing on-going relationships with the press and wider media in English, working with the businesses to develop business communications programmes;? and designing and delivering publications and special reports.
The key skills required in this role are a comprehensive understanding of the media landscape in the UAE, content development skills (writing, editing and briefing), and the digital skills needed to effectively capture and share information and materials with media.
Planning. To support the Senior Communications Manager in developing an annual PR & Media Relations Plan that: establishes specific targets and milestones to be accomplished within each calendar year details the key initiatives to be delivered to meet these objectives identifies the budgets and resources required to deliver the plan
Media relations. To collaborate with the Senior Communications Manager to implement the plan by:
- nurturing strong relationships with English media outlets in the UAE and wider Gulf
- keeping updated on regional media trends, providing advice on PR and media engagement.
- managing editorial requests from various business units
- ensuring company’s views are accurately depicted in regional media
- responding to media inquiries and coordinating with subject matter experts and colleagues
- Implementation: To drive effective and cost-efficient execution of the plan by:
- building relationships within business units to ‘story mine’ compelling narratives for media
- creating news-worthy stories, identifying relevant media opportunities and building our media profile
- effectively and cost-efficiently managing external agency resources
- managing collaboration with Communications colleagues at regional and global levels
Measurement. To contribute to an overall dashboard of Communications measurements by:
- establishing relevant and actionable measures of earned media performance
- monitoring and reporting delivery against well-defined objectives
- enabling investment to be justified based on robustly measured outcomes and ROI
- preparing media reports, capturing company’s announcements, thought leadership and press clippings
- Press release distribution using Press Page and maintenance of media contact lists.
- Photo selection, captions and uploading press releases to the website.
- Coordination with Social & Digital team to ensure press releases are amplified
Media relations: Understanding of the media landscape in the UAE with ability to manage relationships with media outlets, handle editorial requests, and ensure accurate media representation of the company.
Content development: Proficient in writing, editing, and briefing communication materials such as press releases, talking points, Q&As, speeches etc.
Digital skills: Expertise in using digital tools and platforms for capturing, managing, and sharing media-related content. This includes tools like Press Page for press release distribution and Signal AI for monitoring.
Strategic planning: Skills in developing PR and media relations plans, outlining targets and initiatives, with strong presentation and communication skills to manage executive stakeholders.
Performance measurement: Capability to establish, monitor, and report on media performance metrics, including reach, sentiment, share of voice (SOV) etc.