We are assisting one of our International IT client hire a Product Owner for their Sharjah office.
Job Title: Product Owner
Location: Sharjah – Head Office
Product Owner is a professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product.
Responsible for develops product concepts, generates product requirements, determines specifications. Collaborates with UX designers to come up with usable, emotionally attaching and inspecting products that meet users’ expectations.
Responsible for delivering right product features at the right time and maximising development team performance.
Key Result Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the success of delivery; owns the entire product backlog and delivery activities, this includes grooming development teams, responding to queries of the development team promptly.
- Guides the development team at each sprint and removes any roadblocks to enhance their performance. Ensures that products are delivered within the timelines agreed.
- Ensures stories are “ready” before the sprint start, matching definition of ready and having clear acceptance criteria..
- Manages and prioritizes the product backlog along with the Product Manager which matches product vision and client needs.
- Liaise between business and development teams to deliver continuous value.
- Reviews visual designs developed by UX team.
- Reviews test cases written by QA team.
- Stays abreast with market trends and new technologies in the domain, researches and conducts comparative analysis with competitors to recommend best practices.
- Monitors the development and product team’s performance and escalates any potential performance deviation to Product Managers.
- Represents ISA in clients’ meetings, solicits feedback on products and services regularly.
- Performs any other additional duties as directed by the Product Manager/Senior Product Manager.
- Acts as a Product Manager in absence of Product Manager.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Engineering/Computer Science/Math or equivalent.
- Certified SCRUM Master or Professional Certified Product Owner (Optional)
- Solid technical background with understanding in software development.
- Comfortable using collaboration tools such as Slack, JIRA.
- Fluent in English Language
- 2+ years of experience as a business analyst, QA, product owner or UX designer/architect
- Experienced in writing user stories, business requirements
- Experienced in SCRUM methodology
- Proven track record of successful on time delivery.
- Good understanding of UI/UX design.
- Good understanding of software testing, ability to review and approve test cases.
To learn more about the role, email resume to [email protected]