Head of Credit Risk
We are assisting one of our international client looking out to hire a Head of Credit Risk
Job Title: Head of Credit Risk
Department: Credit Risk Department
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- University Degree in Finance or Business mathematics or Statistics; advanced graduate degree preferred within Financial Management
- Professional certification like FRM is a mandatory requirement
- Min 15 years work experience in financial services of which 10 years in Credit underwriting, heavy data intensive analysis and Credit review.
- Requisite technical knowledge and extensive exposure to Risk Models and Basel III through professional certification like FRM, etc.
- Hands on experience in Credit Risk/ Market Risk Exposure and capital calculations. Rules implementation experience is highly desirable
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the credit approval process, as well as portfolio monitoring systems for all current and future credit products
- Liaise with Credit Risk and Business teams on ensuring credit best practices and appropriate credit governance
- Implement a sustainable system of credit analysis and quality assurance for financing made as required by board directives; assign ratings as needed in conjunction with finance loss reserve analysis
- Examine credit files on a regular basis for assurance of credit and collateral documentation, regulatory compliance and finance policy conformance; review technical exceptions and deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to the CRO.
- Prepare written analyses on all large financing, aggregate financing vs. indebtedness for individual borrowers, complex financing and weak financing
- Maintain ongoing support of the Bank’s credit culture for all significant lending units, which include broad client segments such as: consumer, business, commercial and corporate banking
- Ensure that finance loss reserve and charge-off process and procedures are consistent with industry best practices and meet current and anticipated regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that finance documentation, systems and procedures are consistent with the highest standards in the industry and are appropriate for all regulatory requirements
- Evaluate reserve requirements on all different types of payment activities considering financial and customer profile
- Provide overall finance portfolio management oversight to ensure that the Bank’s asset quality meets stated objectives and that the emphasis of the Bank’s overall credit relationship management is consistent with the Bank’s underwriting standards. This will necessarily include analysis of finance concentrations by finance type as well as by geography. Oversight of future building and enhancements of existing analytical and quantitative models for the bank’s portfolio as appropriate, including the refinement of existing “stress test” procedures currently used on the portfolio.
- Support various business units by performing analysis and product recommendations and evaluate the Bank’s exposure to individual financing, clients, products and accordingly prepare periodic BRCC / Board reports for CRO
- Maintain a keen awareness of competitor’s activities, their credit practices, and of overall industry best practices such that risk management division of the Bank are well positioned to take full advantage of changes and opportunities in their target market segments
- As needed, serve as the Bank’s spokesperson along with CRO when necessary to regulators and other external constituents including, as appropriate, customers regarding the Bank’s credit management disciplines, finance quality and lending activities
- Lead the development of Loss Given Default (LGD), PD and EAD models for the Bank as appropriate along with Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) along with institutionalization of all the models with lines of business.
- Provide quantitative oversight of the Bank’s credit extension activities, to include conducting ongoing evaluation of existing systems, Moody’s Risk Analyst and, when appropriate, evaluation, selection and implementation of new systems to ensure that all policies and procedures are of the highest integrity and consistency.
- Work with Risk, Lines of Business and Finance as applicable
- Ensure that all Risk management practices are Basel III Compliant
- Ensure compliance with CBO regulations as applicable.
Areas of Competency
- Experience in leading the implementation of new reporting requirements while establishing and maintaining processes and controls related to Credit Risk and Credit Underwriting
- Improve management's understanding of Risk Appetite and trade off decisions
- Provide greater transparency on Risk and Controls and improvise risk management culture within the lines of business
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills across departments and at senior levels. Team leader and player and Energetic and resourceful.
- Highly persuasive to get the information at the right time, should be able to demonstrate strong influencing skills with a wide range of senior stakeholders to succeed in your priorities
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing environment, and able to communicate and influence effectively at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, matured communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Serve as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement and demonstrating both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
- Ability to compile, analyse and summarize complex technical/functional data for communication.
- Strength in communicating effectively with both technical and executives’ audience. Ability to handle heavy multi-tasking.
- Ability to endure a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Basel 2/3 model Development, Credit, Market and Liquidity Risk along with IFRS 9 ECL Analysis
- Strong knowledge of regulatory framework and Corporate Credit Underwriting
- Strong Microsoft Excel, VBA, PowerPoint and R programming skills Statistical techniques and data manipulation along with Analytics.
To learn more about the role, email resume to [email protected]