Social Media Director
The Director of Social Media will plan direct wide social media communications initiatives. He will Advise C-Level executives and all levels of management, including operating units, and departments in the development and implementation of social media strategies, platforms and analytics. Will Act as advisor on the development of corporate and product positioning strategies and oversees the execution of social media campaigns. Will crate plans for special projects. Develops clear tracking and measurement for campaigns. Manages social media team staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a robust social media strategy that helps us meet our customers' needs.
- Develop and implement metrics to measure the success of this strategy.
- Work collaboratively across the organization and with the creative team to develop high-quality, useful, and engaging content.
- Ensure social media strategy supports broader MBTA communications objectives.
- Create a consistent editorial style and voice for the MBTA on social media.
- Oversee development of social media communications plans.
- Collaborate with marketing staff and outside agencies to ensure consistent application of brand and messages.
- Oversee social media account design (e.g. Twitter profile cover photo).
- Monitor trends in social media and suggest updates to how the MBTA uses social media and platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media management tools, design tools, and applications.
- Supervise Social Media Managers, Analysts, and other staff as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond, either directly or through others, to emergencies twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
- Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining an effective relationship with employees.
- Assist in the management of a workforce by ensuring the fair and consistent application and strict adherence to the rules, regulation, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable) and policies of the Authority including the EEO, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation policies.