As a Cost Controller, you will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance.
Your key responsibilities include the following:
- Liaise closely with the Food & Beverage department on various operational and cost-related issues.
- Prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef and suggests the selling price.
- Perform test checking on the receiving of goods at the restaurant and see that the procedures are followed correctly.
- Perform random test counts in the stores.
- Prepare the daily flash report of food costs.
- Prepare P&L statement of major banqueting events.
- Prepare event revenue breakdown summary.
- Verify outlet open item report to see the correct pricing has been applied and take necessary action in input the recurring items in the POS system.
- Randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issues and sales.
- Verify and approved outlet food & beverage requisitions and forward them to Stores.
- Scrutinize requisitions for special events.
- Transfer POS (micros) revenue data and run the potential usage report.
- Prepare costing of invoices of imported items.
- Verify and record beverages received free of cost.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the same role
- Strong communication skills
- Hands-on problem solver